July 28, 2021
Personal, professional, pleasure and proximity friendships that we have in different times and in varying degrees throughout life.
As poet David Whyte says, “The ultimate touchstone of friendship is not improvement, neither of the other nor of the self, the ultimate touchstone is witness … to have walked with them and to have believed in them, and sometimes just to have accompanied them for however brief a span, on a journey impossible to accomplish alone.”
And I bet you’re gonna want key lime pie after listening.
For more information, visit https://www.tbrowning.com/connections/
In future episodes, I’ll be featuring questions from listeners- other life owners like you. If you have a question, topic or situation you’d like for us to explore, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘podcast question’ in the subject line.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode: Connections
- What’s the most important aspect of friendship? We all have our opinions and I’ll share a gorgeous bit from poet David Whyte
- Four areas of connection are personal, professional, pleasure and proximity (and give me a little love for the alliteration here- it really fell into place)
- I’ll show you mine…some memorable personal examples to encourage you to think about your own connections (one will have you wanting Key Lime Pie)
- Making friends in adulthood- is it as easy as it used to be?
- Why we want friends who will chant “Yes, it was. YES, IT WAS!”
Featured On The Show | Connections
- Sign up to my email list to be the first to hear about upcoming events and, of course, thoughtful insights to help you own your life.
- Follow me on LinkedIn
- She Built This City aims to empower girls 9-17 & women choosing to enter the workforce with construction trade skills & fearless maker spaces. https://shebuiltthiscity.org/
- Consolations – Revised edition: The Solace, Nourishment and Underlying Meaning of Everyday Words by David Whyte
- Here’s a Key Lime Pie recipe for ya!
Connect with me online!
Enjoy The Show?
Like what you’re hearing? I would greatly appreciate your review in Apple Podcast!
Don’t miss an episode- listen and subscribe via Anchor | Spotify | Google | Breaker | Pocket | RadioPublic | Apple Podcast | Stitcher | iHeart | Castbox | Listen Notes | TuneIn | Podchaser | Overcast | Downcast | Podcrucher | icatcher | Castaway2 | Podcast Republic | BeyondPod | AntennaPod | doubleTwist | Podcast AddictLearn More About Tracey