The Official ‘About Me’
- Ph.D. work in Counseling Psychology, University of Tennessee-Knoxville
- M.A. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- B.A. in Psychology, University of North Carolina at Charlotte
- Elite Life Coach Coach Mindset Training Certification
- Certified Life Coach American Union of NLP
I am a lifelong learner. I constantly read, study, discuss and APPLY what I learn with family, friends and peers in formal & informal settings.
Whether it’s coaching, teaching, selling, leading, administrating, managing, guiding or listening-
I look for how to CONNECT WITH and EMPOWER PEOPLE
I do, and have done this, in my roles as:
- A life coach who believes we ALL have the potential to live the life we want
- Founder/CEO with my husband in our digital marketing agency since 2012
- Adjunct professor teaching psychology to college students
- Mama and teacher to our 3 sons over 18 years of homeschooling
- A leader of small groups in a variety of settings
- HR manager for a manufacturing facility
The me my family and friends know:
I laugh as much as I can.I am a realistic optimist who thinks most of life is ‘figureoutable’.My sister calls me “mellow & bright” like her favorite cold brew coffee.I believe you can never have enough kindness and home cooking.I’m an extrovert who also requires time alone to recharge.
I’m not immune to suffering.
I’ve lost people close to me, dealt with decades of chronic illness, had miscarriages, handled financial difficulties and heard “no” to promotions & project proposals & big things I wanted in life. I’ve picked myself up (sometimes more quickly than others), dusted off and forged ahead after setbacks. My patience, persistence and pivot-ability is strong.
Our challenges may look different but we all have them.