Essentialism Part 3: The Elimination Game
Oct 13, 2021
A life defined by your decision to choose less, have it mean more and make a bigger impact?
You’re in the right place.
I’m discussing Greg McKeown’s book Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less with my friend Karen Backway. Karen is a physician turned life coach and we enjoy talking about what we study and how we use our studies in our lives.
We discuss Part 3 of McKeown’s book- ‘Eliminate- How can we cut out the trivial many?’ in this episode.
This is a more difficult section for me because I’m in the thick of it personally. And if you’re a person who finds it hard to say no, you’ll probably have some issues here too.
If you’re reading the book or just listening to our discussions, I’d love to hear how you’re applying this to your own life.
In future episodes, I’ll be featuring questions from listeners- other life owners like you. If you have a question, topic or situation you’d like for us to explore, email me at email@example.com with ‘podcast question’ in the subject line.
What You’ll Learn From This Episode: Essentialism Part 3: The Elimination Game
- The benefit of slowly reading
- How and what do we eliminate?
- What is the one thing you want to be excellent at? And how do you even deal with the question?
- Get over your fear of waste and why that strikes a strong chord for me
- I work Gwyneth Paltrow and conscious uncoupling into the conversation
- Sunk cost bias- it’s hard to let go when we’ve invested
- Sorting through your life can be difficult and unsettling but worth it
Featured On The Show | Essentialism Part 3: The Elimination Game
Connect with me online!
Enjoy The Show?
Like what you’re hearing? I would greatly appreciate your review in Apple Podcast!
Don’t miss an episode- listen and subscribe via Anchor | Spotify | Google | Breaker | Pocket | RadioPublic | Apple Podcast | Stitcher | iHeart | Castbox | Listen Notes | TuneIn | Podchaser | Overcast | Downcast | Podcrucher | icatcher | Castaway2 | Podcast Republic | BeyondPod | AntennaPod | doubleTwist | Podcast Addict | PlayerFMLearn More About Tracey
Follow Me On LinkedIn